To perform this job successfully,, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills, and/or ability required
Assists road and/or portable crews in applying pavement markings. Assists in job site preparation. Operates pavement marking equipment. Performs traffic control functions.
High school education or equivalent; or related experience. Must be able to read two- and three-syllable words. Must be able to read and comprehend road maps. Must be able to add and subtract, up to four (4) digit whole numbers. Must be able to read and comprehend various measuring devices ( tape measurer, dip stick ). Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions; to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
1. Prepare job site for painting, i.e. layout and surface preparation.
2. Paints pavement messages by use of hand gun or portable striping machine.
3. Operates white edge paint gun, watching for starting and stopping points
4. Installs pavement marking tape manually or with highway tape applicator.
5. Assists in removal of pavement markings by grinding or sandblasting.
6. Loads and unloads paint drums, glass beads, pavement marking tape, supplies and equipment.
7. Drives tag vehicle to place, pick up , and stack cones.
8. Assist in maintaining vehicles and equipment. Clean spray guns.
9. Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice.